Brought to you by the Coast 2 Coast Hoops Network

Like Us On Facebook Follow Us On Twitter  

Welcome New Viewers...Please Register for this Site and Post in Forums...our Recruiting Content is FREE for Fans!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 2014 Recruits

2014 Recruits

2014 from our Recruiting Moderator, Chevtheman
    Committed:
    G- Rodney Purvis (Raleigh, NC; NC State transfer)

NO PARTICULAR ORDER

2014 Targets
    PF- Leron Black
    PF-Jakeenan Gant
    PF- Malik Abdul Abu
    PF- Craig Victor
    C- Pascal Chukwu
    C-Trayvon Reed
    C-Miles Turner
    F- Terry Harris
    SF-Paul White
    SF- Mavin Saunders
    W- Daniel Hamilton
    W-Kelly Oubre
    PG- Larry Austin
    PG- Kaleb Joseph
    G- Khadeem Carrington
    G- Chris Chiozza
    SG- Ahmed Hill
    SG-Brandone Francis
    SG- Jared Terrell
    SG- Rashard Figures

Lists will be updated
    Last edited by Ozzie33; 04-30-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Wow, the Tilton School / BABC AAU pipeline seems to be an emerging gold mine of NE talent...AO and JCM (he did help us), Nerlens Noel in 2013, and Selden in 2014
    The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right. Which one are you son? Which one are you?

is ollie recruiting these kids as if he'll be head coach in 2014? i would be interested to see what these kids think because there's no shot jimmy coaches in 2014. probably not even 2013.

jahlil any relation to emeka?

Administrator

How is there no shot? And Ollie is the main recruiter for the team by far

Chev how can you think Calhoun will be the coach in 2014-15? He can't even definitively say he'll be back in 2011-12 yet. When planning for this change the thought process has to be that Ollie, the lead recruiter that so many players seem to love, will eventually take over as head coach. They should go as far as to name him the head coach in waiting at some point this season or right after just to give recruits comfort. If they aren't getting that message out to recruits from 2013 and beyond, i think they are setting themselves up for failure when Calhoun does finally retire.

Chev didn't say he would be the coach. He was likely just wondering how you were able to reach a decision that Calhoun hasn't even reached yet. There are some intelligent folks over there on the UCONN staff and I'm pretty sure proper steps will be taken to keep UCONN's program in good standing. Also, in case you haven't heard, it's fairly well known that Calhoun has already privately stated he would be back for the upcoming season.

pure guess on my part, but I think Calhoun will stay around long enough to convince everyone that Ollie is ready to be the coach.

Administrator

Yea, obviously I trust Jim Calhoun and whatever he does will benefit the team no matter what. You gotta think positive

I read every bit of uconn news i can get my hands on. I fully believe he'll be back next year, but he hasn't publicly said it on the record. Just using that same common sense, you can expect that he won't be the coach 4 seasons from now. Not trying to make waves with that comment, but i guess its monday morning so anything goes.

My question was: "is ollie recruiting these kids as if he'll be head coach in 2014? i would be interested to see what these kids think because there's no shot jimmy coaches in 2014. probably not even 2013." I'm not being negative at all just curious what the message is or what the 2013's and 2014's think.

I want ollie to be the next head coach because he is the perfect fit and from what i watch in all of your interviews the recruits say they like "Coach Ali" (ollie)

It's obvious that Ollie can recruit. The two questions that will have to be answered are:

Can he recruit when JC isn't the closer?
    Is he a good x's and o's coach?

Coach Calhoun will DEFINITELY be back next season and as far as I know right now a 75% chance he will be around through 2013!!

Not too sure who the next coach will be but yes Ollie is learning a lot and Coach Calhoun will do whatever he can to ensure UCONN is on the up and up after he retires!!

Trust that UCONN will not go away at all!!!

Administrator

Andrew Wiggins lists UConn

Administrator

Pascal Chukwu lists UConn

Administrator

Wayne Selden will visit UConn next Friday

Very nice.... is Wayne coming alone or with Nerlens and or Goodluck?

Administrator

Chris McCullough to visit UConn next Tuesday. Reported by Evan Daniels of scout.com

Administrator

UConn offered Illinois center Jahlil Okafor yesterday

Administrator

UConn just offered Chris McCullough

Administrator

2014 C Jahlil Okafor Info

Top talent. They say he's a distant cousin of Emeka and he's supposed to grow to be 7'3. Expect a visit from him in the near future. UConn has offered as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chevtheman View Post
    Top talent. They say he's a distant cousin of Emeka and he's supposed to grow to be 7'3. Expect a visit from him in the near future. UConn has offered as well.
    Don't know if this is still the case with Jahill, but UConn and Cuse were his top 2 favorite schools. Strong recruiting push, and landing him is definitely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SinIsBallin View Post
    Don't know if this is still the case with Jahill, but UConn and Cuse were his top 2 favorite schools. Strong recruiting push, and landing him is definitely possible.
    Absolutely from all indications I have SinisBallin that Okafor is likely down still to UCONN and Cuse. It is early still but our chances at landing him are very very high!

Administrator

UConn leads for Mavin Saunders

He told UConnBall that UConn is leading. A story is coming soon
    Like Our Facebook Page: UConnBall
    Follow Us On Twitter:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Add Me On Facebook: Joey Natale

Administrator

UConn in Shaqquan Aaron's top 3

Along with Arizona and UCLA
    Follow Us On Twitter:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gotta start up some new threads with the news so it doesn't get buried in the 12, 13, 14 recruit threads.

Hey Chev, do you know where we stand with noah vonleh? the kids has absolutely blown up. Does UConn have any connections to the New Hampton Prep? Does he want to stay local (hes from Mass)? I've seen highlights of him and man he is super-long/wirey, 7-ft wingspan, has great handles, dunks. everything around the rim. I really want him to come to UConn. I know he visited unofficially a couple months ago but Ollie and Co. shoulld really get on him and stay on him because it seems all the big boys are jumping in or have recently jumped in. And what are chances he reclassifies to 2013? Noel and Vonleh in one class?

And any news on Chris McCullough? Hes another guy tha local and has blown up. someone tweeted recently he was spotted wit a UConn t-shirt on.

I'm telling you this now, Jared Terrell is as good as Wayne Selden, maybe a little better in my eyes. Don't be fooled by his rank, though he'll soon blow up. 2014 might be my hardest year when it comes to the kids I want at UConn. It'll be a matter of First Come, First Serve.

Nice I will take your word for it on Terrell SinisBallin!

Agree with a full stack of 13 ships back by then 2014, it most certainly will be first come, first serve!!

Okafor is visiting Ohio State this weekend. Dont think he is down to us and Cuse. Would take Cliff Alexander over Okafor. Have seen Okafor play a decent amount and think he is a little over-rated right now.

Administrator

Burns: Cliff LOVES KENTUCKY... but Along with Cliff UConn is on so many talented bigs in that class. Okafor is a distant cousin of Emeka and is supposed to grow to 7'3. Chris McCullough is extremely talented. And they're even expressing some interest in Dakari Johnson, a 7 footer. Not to mention Pascal Chukwu as well, he's a 7'1 Connecticut native
    Last edited by chevtheman; 09-20-2011 at 07:13 AM.
    Follow Us On Twitter:

Twitter

"Memphis, Tennessee and Kansas State hitting Lanphier this week to see Larry Austin Jr. after #illini offer. UConn and Ohio State next week."

USA Basketball: Larry Austin, Jr.

Read this article and tell if this doesn't make you happy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 08-30-2011, 11:41 PM